WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA?
We only collect transaction based data necessary to complete your order. To do this, we collect your data:
- When you visit our website to buy products, or to subscribe to our newsletter mailing list.
- When you purchase a product by phone.
- When you purchase a product from us at a fair or event.
- When you contact us by email, phone or by direct message on social media with any product queries or customer service enquiries.
- When you win prize draws or competitions where we need to dispatch a prize.
- When you fill in any feedback or survey form.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE HOLD?
If you have bought a product from us: your name, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number (if
entered). We do not hold any card or banking information.
Details of any of your interactions with us by email will only be held for 6 months.
HOW AND WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will use your personal data:
To process any orders that you make by using our website www.gweni.co.uk/www.gweni.cymru or by phone at 01656 662829, or at a fair or an
event. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
To respond to your queries, offer technical advice and handle customer service complaints. We will hold this information and details of any correspondence for six months after the interaction. We do this in the interest of improving our service based on your experience.
With your consent, we will use your personal data and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including new product launches, discounts, promotions, events and competitions.
You are free to opt out of hearing from us by unsubscribing from this list at any time.
To send you emails which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
To administer any of our competitions or surveys which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
To comply with any legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
If you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
We will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all personal data areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected. We do not hold any sensitive data such as card payment information.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
We do not and have never bought, sold or exchanged any personal customer data with any third parties.
However we sometimes need to share data with trusted third parties in order to deliver a service.
The third parties we work with are:
- Delivery couriers – we use Royal Mail and Hermes.
- Mailchimp, a direct marketing company who manage our electronic communications with you.
- Percolated Design, who help develop and support our website.
We will never share your data with third parties for their own purposes.
You are entitled to:
- have your data processed in a fair, lawful and transparent way.
- be informed about how your personal data is being used to deliver your order.
- access personal data we hold about you.
- require us to correct any mistakes in your personal data.
- require us to delete personal data.
- request that we transfer your personal data to you or another service provider in a simple, structured format.
- object at any time to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
HOW CAN YOU STOP THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING?
There are two ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you.
- Email us directly at email@example.com and request to opt out.
policy to ensure you are aware of the most updated version.
Address: Gweni, 42 Pwll Evan Ddu, Coity, Bridgend. CF35 6AY
Telephone: 01656 662829
Our trading name is Gweni.
Our registered address is: 42 Pwll Evan Ddu, Coity, Bridgend. CF35 6AY
We are the controller of any personal data you submit to us.
If you have any questions or queries, please get in touch.